If Your Business Already Had a Verified Google Places Page: Google+ Local pages are generated automatically for any business that had a prior Google Places Business page. As of right now, you should still manage your listing through the Google Places platform.
Google Places Business Page
However, if you do not have a Google+ account, you should setup an account in order to really take your listing to the next level.
If Your Business Did Not Have a Verified Google Places Page:
If you did not have a verified Google Places page, you can still claim your company listing via the Google Places Business platform. If you did not have a page at all, you can also setup a Google+ Local page by signing up to Google’s social networking site, Google+ (or Google Plus).
Either way, be sure to complete your listing as much as possible for the best results; use your real address and a local phone number, fill out all fields, carefully incorporate targeted keywords in the “description,” and upload as many pictures as possible to fully optimize your listing.
Once your page is verified, start using the many tools located within Google+ that will eventually be responsible for helping you gain even more exposure. This includes joining circles, encouraging your customers to leave reviews, posting updates about your business, and more.
Google Places Business Questionnaire
1. Google Places Business username:
2. Google Places Business password:
3. Email address that you use for your business (the one you give out to customers, display on your site, etc.):
4. Best email address at which to reach you:
5. Official/legal name of your practice (your “DBA”):
6. Business name that you currently use for your Google Places page:
7. Full physical street address(es) of your business (including suite #, if applicable):
8. Do you share this street address with any other businesses? (In other words, is there more than one business at this physical location?) If so, please specify suite #.
9. Office phone number (must use a local area code):
10. Do you use this phone number for any other office locations?
11. Your website URL:
12. Is this the only website you use for this business?
13. To whom should I send suggestions for minor changes to make to your website?
14. Your business hours:
15. Payment types you accept:
16. Year your business was started:
17. Professional / industry associations:
18. Certifications (relevant to your services):
19. Do you have a Windows Live ID? (If so, please write username and password below.)
20. Do you have a Yahoo ID? (If so, please write username and password below.)
21. Usernames & passwords for any third-party sites you may have listed your business on (AngiesList, Yelp, CitySearch, etc.):
(Alternatively, please fill out accompanying Excel spreadsheet with login info for these sites.)
22. Social media URLs (Facebook page, Twitter handle, etc.):
23. Full name of business owner (to use on third-party listings):
24. Would you like a short, customized, complimentary “Google review video” that shows customers how to write Google Places reviews? (This is included as part of the Done-for-You service.) If so, would you like it with or without audio—that is, my narration?
25. What are the most important 1-10 specific local-search phrases for which you’d like to get visible in Google Places? (NOTE: these are just to give me an idea of your goals; I’ll let you know which specific search phrases I think I can get you visible for.)
26. What is the specific town / geographical area you’d like to be visible in, ideally?