Everyone knows the importance of Google Local Optimization in online business, but not everyone understands it. Use the following tips to master the Google Local Optimization process and propel your business forward.
Easy tips to Google Local Optimization
1. Analyze your efforts 24/7. Use tools from Alexa and Google to know who is coming and going on your site and what your current ranking is. This will immediately let you know the payoff from your Google Local Optimization efforts and if changes are in order.
2. Know how to use keywords. Keywords need to be everywhere on your site, including tags, titles and throughout content. Keywords are simply the terms users will use to find a subject or site, so look at things from their perspective when you strategize keywords and their placement.
3. Understand the significance of link building. Search engines measure your popularity according to associations by links; employ link tactics that have integrity by connecting to other relevant and busy sites or people.
4. Make your URLs easy to search. Use simple terms in your URLs and you’re much more likely to be found. Rather than a jumble of numbers, letters and characters, spell it out for the engines and your readers.
5. Think spiders and build a sitemap. This is simply a list of all the major pages on your site and will help both users and search engines make better use of your site. The more logical your sitemap, the easier it will be for spiders to know what your site is all about and send traffic your way.
6. Describe all images with text. Crawlers can’t see pictures, so give each one you use an exceptional description with keywords and ALT tags. Use captions around images featuring text associated with the pic and your article for greater visibility with search engines.
7. Use social media to advance your Google Local Optimization. All of the major search engines use social status in ranking, so make sure your site has a major presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other places. Post links to your freshest and most valuable content and be trendy in your tweets.
8. Network with others. Having quality sites to link back and forth with can propel your Google Local Optimization quickly; get to know people in your niche and exchange links. Let them guest-post on your site or blog and do the same on theirs, creating a mini-network that will be much more visible to search engines.
9. Don’t get too flashy. Flash isn’t necessary for search engines to find your site and rank it, so avoid putting too much bling on your front page. This slows down load times for your visitors and can really be annoying.
10. Have high standards with content. Not only do you need to add fresh content on a regular basis, you’ve got to maintain quality. Never copy content, instead try to be the one that everyone else wants to copy! Use innovation and creativity and have a way with words that draws people in and makes the urge to bookmark your site irresistible!
Once you master Google Local Optimization, you’re in the game. From there it’s just a matter of time before you really start to rank and put your business in the most advantageous online position.